Dan. 6:4-24 In this story the people who made the law against prayer had to die. But their children also had to die. This shows that children often suffer because of the behavior of their parents. Today the lion is Satan (I Pet. 5:8). And your children may suffer and fall prey to him because of your irresponsibility as a parent.
1. Prov. 13:24 (Love motivates godly discipline and proper discipline is done early in life and swiftly.)
2. Prov. 23:13-14 (Contrary to worldly wisdom, proper discipline will not hurt the child but rather save them.
It is up to you to save your child from hell. Your child might grow up and go to hell because of you!)
3. Prov. 29:15 (A home without discipline will produce children who cause shame and finally become sinful adults.)
4. Prov. 19:18 (Don't let the child's begging and crying stop you from doing the job God gave you.
"Tenderheartedness" is a feeble excuse to disobey God.)
5. Heb. 12:5-11 (This principle is applied to families today. It yields peaceable fruits.)
1. Prov. 22:6 (Training involves consistent, planned effort.
2. Eph. 6:4 (You must admonish your children in the ways of the Lord.)
3. Deut. 6:7-9 (You must study the Bible with your children. When is the last time you studied the Word of God with
4. Ps. 78:1-7 (It is critical that you teach your children that future generations will know and obey the Lord.)
C. Example: Ezek. 16:44 (Never underestimate the power of your example as a parent. Illustrate, drinking at home,
church attendance, priority, entertainment, language, treatment of your spouse, etc..)
D. Conclusion: Will the lion have his way with your children?